Why choose this course
With the dramatic increase in high-profile cyber security incidents reported in the media, the demand for highly skilled security professionals is growing significantly as businesses across the globe seek to protect their networks and data. Our MSc Cyber Security with Advanced Practice provides you with a critical understanding of information governance and assurance, combined with technology risk management practices.
- Information Governance and Security (20 credits)
- Network Security (20 credits)
- Wireless Networks and Security (20 credits)
- Information Assurance and Risk Management (20 credits)
- Ethical Hacking for Cyber Security (20 credits)
- Research Methods and Project Management (20 credits)
- MSc Computer Science and Digital Technologies Project (60 credits)
- Advanced Practice (60 credits)
Course duration and content structure
Course duration: 16-24 months
This full-time course is taught at our London Campus where you will be taught by our experienced academics, guiding you as you analyse and evaluate the theories, principles and applications associated with the field. They will encourage you to question current approaches and processes in the fields of information and cyber security.
- A first degree, equivalent to a 2.2 honours classification
- Applicants who do not have such an academic qualification but do have substantial experience of working in a business organisation and/or possess a relevant professional qualification will also be considered
We are committed to our prospective students to understand the costs and funding for them if they choose to apply in our partner universities. Studying with us is a real investment in your future; if you are studying Level 3 you may be eligible for funding through Student Finance.