Why choose this course
With the dramatic increase in high-profile cyber security incidents reported in the media, the demand for highly skilled security professionals is growing significantly as businesses across the globe seek to protect their networks and data. Our MSc Cyber Security provides you with a critical understanding of information governance and assurance, combined with technology risk management practices.
- Information Governance and Security (20 credits)
- Network Security (20 credits)
- Wireless Networks and Security (20 credits)
- Information Assurance and Risk Management (20 credits)
- Ethical Hacking for Cyber Security (20 credits)
- Research Methods and Project Management (20 credits)
- MSc Computer Science and Digital Technologies Project (60 credits)
Course duration and content structure
Course duration: 1 year
The programme aims to provide you with advanced and specialist knowledge and skills in the field of cyber security. Your MSc Cyber Security will cover topics such as Information Governance and Security, Information Assurance and Risk Management, Wireless Networks and Security, Network Security and Ethical Hacking for Cyber Security. You will also develop your research and project management skills, in particular to support your preparation for your MSc project. In your final semester you will complete a major individual project, where you will receive one-to-one tuition and supervision from a relevant academic supervisor.
- Minimum 2:2 (second class) honours degree or equivalent from a recognised university in a related subject
We are committed to our prospective students to understand the costs and funding for them if they choose to apply in our partner universities. Studying with us is a real investment in your future; if you are studying Level 3 you may be eligible for funding through Student Finance.