Why choose this course
The MSc Business with International Management has been developed for recent graduates in non-business disciplines who are looking to add a business dimension to their undergraduate specialism. This programme will build both your general business knowledge and understanding, as well as developing the personal skills needed for the wide variety of managerial-level roles available in today’s international business environment.
- Strategic Management for Competitive Advantage (40 credits)
- Leadership and Management Development (20 credits)
- Research Methods and Analytics for Business Practice (20 credits)
- Global and Transnational Business (20 credits)
- Global Consumers and Marketplaces (20 credits)
- Academic Language Skills for Postgraduate Business Students (0 credits)
- The Newcastle Business School Masters Dissertation (60 credits)
Course duration and content structure
Course duration: 1 year
The MSc Business with International Management is designed around a set of modules that are common to all the ‘MSc Business with’ programmes. These modules cover general business functions, strategic management and organisational analysis. These will develop your strategic awareness, leadership potential and understanding of the theory and practice of international business.
In the second semester you will be given the opportunity to specialise in International Management. Students will consider issues of ethics and accountability that challenge multi-national organisations and the role played by corporate social responsibility; the varying approaches to marketing that are relevant to organisations working within a dynamic global environment and of strategic and international HRM perspectives.
In the final semester you will complete your research and write your dissertation. Every student has a personal research supervisor and will be required to submit an assessed research proposal prior to embarking on the dissertation itself.
- A first degree, equivalent to a 2.2 honours classification
- Applicants who do not have such an academic qualification but do have substantial experience of working in a business organisation and/or possess a relevant professional qualification will also be considered
We are committed to our prospective students to understand the costs and funding for them if they choose to apply in our partner universities. Studying with us is a real investment in your future; if you are studying Level 3 you may be eligible for funding through Student Finance.