Why choose this course
Are you looking to complement your undergraduate studies or professional skill set with a business-focused Masters degree that will enhance your employability? The MSc Business with Human Resource Management will help you to develop a broad range of business skills whilst developing your understanding of specialist modules covering principles, values and approaches in human resource management (HRM), as well as organisational behaviour and practice.
- HRM in Practice (20 credits)
- Organisational Behaviour and Practice (20 credits)
- Strategic Management for Competitive Advantage (40 credits)
- Leadership and Management Development (20 credits)
- Research Methods and Analytics for Business Practice (20 credits)
- Academic Language Skills for Postgraduate Business Students (0 credits)
- The Newcastle Business School Masters Dissertation (60 credits)
Course duration and content structure
Course duration: 1 year
The course culminates in either a master’s dissertation or, if you prefer, a consultancy project where you’ll tackle an issue faced by a real client. Throughout the course there’s a focus on self-development and employability.
- A first degree, equivalent to a 2.2 honours classification
- Applicants who do not have such an academic qualification but do have substantial experience of working in a business organisation and/or possess a relevant professional qualification will also be considered
We are committed to our prospective students to understand the costs and funding for them if they choose to apply in our partner universities. Studying with us is a real investment in your future; if you are studying Level 3 you may be eligible for funding through Student Finance.