Why choose this course
Are you looking to complement your undergraduate studies with a business-focused master’s degree that will enhance your employability? This course develops broad business skills while also offering a specialist pathway in hospitality and tourism management that starts after the first semester.
- Strategic Management for Competitive Advantage (40 credits)
- Leadership and Management Development (20 credits)
- Research Methods and Analytics for Business Practice (20 credits)
- Contemporary Hospitality Management (20 credits)
- Tourists and Tourism (20 credits)
- Academic Language Skills for Postgraduate Business Students (0 credits)
- The Newcastle Business School Masters Dissertation (60 credits) – Optional
- The Newcastle Business School Masters Consultancy Project (60 credits) – Optional
Course duration and content structure
Course duration: 1 year
The course includes two modules that are focused on developing global management competencies. Topics during these modules include emotional intelligence, cultural awareness and the ability to work in diverse groups and teams, as well as project management and decision making.
- Minimum of a 2:2 (second class) honours degree from a UK university or equivalent
We are committed to our prospective students to understand the costs and funding for them if they choose to apply in our partner universities. Studying with us is a real investment in your future; if you are studying Level 3 you may be eligible for funding through Student Finance.