Why choose this course
Working in a large, modern, international organisation, a medium sized company or even a small start-up firm requires a range of business capabilities. The most valuable employees are those who combine an understanding of the various parts of a business with the skills of being a quick learner and team player with leadership potential. The MSc Business with Financial Management programme will give students the general business knowledge and understanding as well as the personal skills needed for a wide variety of roles.
- Strategic Management for Competitive Advantage (40 credits)
- Leadership and Management Development (20 credits)
- Research Methods and Analytics for Business Practice (20 credits)
- International Financial Markets and Institutions (20 credits)
- Corporate Financial Management (20 credits)
- Academic Language Skills for Postgraduate Business Students (0 credits)
- The Newcastle Business School Masters Dissertation (60 credits)
Course duration and content structure
Course duration: 1 year
The programme is designed around a set of modules that are common to all ‘Business with’ pathways. These modules cover general business functions, strategic management and organisational analysis and will develop your strategic awareness, leadership potential and understanding of international business.
- Minimum of a 2:2 (second class) honours degree from a UK university or equivalent
We are committed to our prospective students to understand the costs and funding for them if they choose to apply in our partner universities. Studying with us is a real investment in your future; if you are studying Level 3 you may be eligible for funding through Student Finance.