Why choose this course
The MBA with Advanced Practice is a general management course aimed at aspiring and established middle managers from a range of business sectors. The Advanced Practice element offers students the opportunity to gain valuable workplace environment experience.
The course has been designed to account for current (local, regional and international) market trends and has recently been updated to provide additional flexibility, choice and the opportunity and to help apply taught management skills.
- Level 7 MSc Workshop – 0 credits
- Marketing – 15 credits
- Accounting and Finance – 15 credits
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship – 15 credits
- Economics and the Business Environment – 15 credits
- Managing People in the Organisation – 15 credits
- Operations Management – 15 credits
- Leadership and Change – 15 credits
- Management Research Methods – 15 credits
For students undertaking an internship
- Internship & Professional Development Project – 60 credits
For students not doing an internship
- Applied Consulting Project – 60 credits
And the following modules
- Digital Transformation – 15 credits
- Strategy – 15 credits
- Business Project – 30 credits
Course duration and content structure
Course duration: 21 months
The overall objective of this course is to educate and develop individuals as managers and business specialists, adding value through an integrated, applied and critical understanding of management and organisations, as well as the development of professional, transferable and intellectual skills that are essential for successful general and strategic management in private, public and third sector organisations.
Applicants must satisfy our general entry requirements as well as meeting specific requirements.
You will need to provide evidence of competence in written and spoken English (GCSE grade 4 – previously grade C – or equivalent).
The general entry requirements are any of the following:
- IELTS 6.0 with no band score less than 5.5, or equivalent
- HKDSE English Language – Grade 4 overall with no less than 3 in any of the 4 sub skills
- Indian Standard XII English – Minimum of 70% (in Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or Indian Certificate in Secondary Education (ICSE) only)
- WAEC – C6
- A 2:2 (second class) honours degree or International equivalent
- In addition, applicants would normally have 2 years’ relevant work experience
We are committed to our prospective students to understand the costs and funding for them if they choose to apply in our partner universities. Studying with us is a real investment in your future; if you are studying Level 3 you may be eligible for funding through Student Finance.