The MBA International programme is designed for developing the understanding the international business management of the middle and to senior level executives further.
Combining the theoretical concepts and ideological aspects of best business practice with academic process the programme helps managers and executives to make better decisions in various business scenarios.
MBA degree is now considered as a premium business qualification for modern business that helps to improve efficiency for having more contribution to the organization.
The programme structure has been designed to ensure that participants cover the core modules that underpin the MBA and to equip them with the skills and competencies necessary for higher level management. The elective modules allow an element of choice to enable participants to attain knowledge, understanding and skills within areas they might wish to specialise in or have a particular interest in.
The Dissertation is the culmination of the programme and is an integrated project of a strategic nature combining a wide range of elements from across the taught modules. It enables the participant to carry out independent research into an organisation or sector of choice and apply both knowledge of understanding of contemporary issues.
To achieve an MBA, participants need to gain 180 level 7 credits.
The MBA generic award modules are as follows:
Modules studied in Stage 1:
- Leadership in Action
- Marketing Across Boundaries
- Finance for Managers
Modules studied in Stage 2:
- Leading and Managing Ethically
- Strategic Management
- International Marketing Strategy
Modules studied in Stage 3:
- Preparing for Research Consultancy
If the student:
[a] only completes the first 3 subjects/modules or Stage 1, they will be awarded a Postgraduate Certificate in Management Studies.
[b] only completes the first 6 subjects/modules or Stage 1 and 2, they will be awarded a Postgraduate Diploma in Management Studies.
[c] completes all subjects or Stage 1, 2 and 3 they will be awarded a University Degree: a Master in Business Administration or MBA for short.
The Course has 2 different start dates throughout the year, which are September and February.
The year is divided into 2 terms of 10 weeks each, with 4 week holiday break between each term.
The Course is designed to make it possible to complete the MBA in :
[a] 1 year by taking 3 terms in a calendar [12 month] year assuming all subjects are passed at the first attempt or
[b] 2 years if the student studies part-time over 24 months.
|Degree||Term 1||Term 2||Term 3||Term 4||Total Modules Studied per Year|
Year Full- Time
|NA||6 Modules & Dissertation|
|4 Modules in Year 1 2 Modules
& Dissertation in Year 2
- Expert Tuition:The University Chester offers tuition by professionals who are stalwarts in their field of work with great command over the subject and having supportive attitudes to help the students.
- Excellent Facilities:Chester provides offers excellent facilities to the students. These are specially designed towards complementing, enhancing and benefiting the campus experience of the students.
- Impressive Location: London being less than an hour’s journey by train the campus is easily accessible by road and rail and is ideally located for Peterborough City Centre and local parkways.
- Supportive Environment:The University dedicated for the cause of the students and is committed to help them succeed. The University also has support staff ready at every level for assisting the studen
The typical applicant will have completed one of the following:
- Possess an honours degree or equivalent i.e. professional qualification, from a recognised British or overseas institution, validated by the University International Office.
- They must also satisfy a mandatory requirement of a minimum of two years appropriate management or business experience.
Applicants for the full time programme without the minimum of two years appropriate management or business experience may be admitted but must first successfully complete the pre- MBA orientation programme.
- Essential criteria for the admission to the Chester MBA are the applicant’s ability to complete the
programme satisfactorily and benefit from it. Individuals will also be selected on the basis of the
contribution they may be expected to make as well as the benefit they receive.
- Under QAA typology the MBA is defined as a type 3 career development M level programme requiring significant relevant work experience. Mature candidates with significant management experience may be admitted to the programme without degree or degree equivalent qualifications if they can demonstrate their potential to meet the learning requirements of the programme.
- Eligibility will be determined by means of an interview with the admissions tutor and subject to confirmation with the MBA programme leader. All such students must provide written references for their work experience.
- Applicants for whom English is not a native language must also demonstrate proficiency in English language. Such applicants will be required, normally to achieve scores of 6.5 on IELTS.
Entry with Credit
- Entrants with CIPD accreditation will be given 60 credit exemptions from the following modules: Manager Learning and Continuous Professional Development, Leading and Managing People and Strategic Management.
- Entrants with ACCA accreditation will be given 60 credit exemptions from the following modules: Finance, Strategic Management and Learning & Managing People.