Why choose this course
The BA (Hons) Event Management aims to develop your understanding of the changing nature of the events management business and specifically engages you with the ‘Events Management Body Of Knowledge’ (EMBOK) framework. This ensures what you are learning throughout the programme is industry-relevant and beneficial for your future career prospects.
- Introduction to Festival and Event Management
- Experience Design
- Academic and Employability Skills for Festivals, Events, Air and Tourism
- Introduction to Festival and Event Delivery
- Introduction to Organisations and Finance
- Marketing for Festivals, Events, Air and Tourism
- Applied Staging
- Event and Venue Management
- Marketing Through Festivals & Events
- Managing Client Events
- Festival, Events, Air & Tourism Research Skills
- The MICE Industry
- Contemporary Issues in Festival and Event Management
- Understanding Festival & Event Tech
- Dissertation for Festivals, Events, Air and Tourism (40 credits)
- Risk and Crisis Management
- Business Start-up
The events management course opens up a wide range of career paths, from in-house corporate events and PR through agency and consultancy positions. You’ll have the potential to work on a huge range of events, adapting to the very different challenges of charitable fundraising, corporate meetings, conferences, exhibitions, festivals and public events.
Suitable roles for graduates include:
- Events management
- Sales and marketing management
- Sport events promotion
- Charitable fundraising
- Conference and exhibition management
- Running your own events company
- 96-112 UCAS points
- BTEC Extended Diploma at MMM or BTEC Diploma at DD, or equivalent
- GCSE Mathematics at Grade 4 or above (previously Grade C). Applicants can sit the QA Higher Education Maths test, where 8 out 15 is required.
We are committed to our prospective students to understand the costs and funding for them if they choose to apply in our partner universities. Studying with us is a real investment in your future; if you are studying Level 3 you may be eligible for funding through Student Finance.