Why choose this course
The BA (Hons) Business Management with Foundation Year aims to fuse academic business theory with industry application, enhancing your employability and career prospects. You will explore specialist theory and knowledge in a systematic and critical way in order to develop your understanding of contemporary international business and enterprise sector issues.
Units – Foundation Year
- Personal Knowing for Personal Growing
- Fundamentals of Business
- Introduction to Marketing Insights
- Introduction to Enterprise and Entrepreneurship
- Understanding Finance
- Community Business Project
Units – Year 1
- Contemporary Management Theory
- Digital Future
- PPD1 Awareness of self
- Marketing, Sales and Negotiation skills
- Creative Enterprise and Innovation
- Business Finance for Managers
Units – Year 2
- Project Management in Business
- Operations Management
- PPD2 Development of Self
- Community Enterprise
- Global Challenges
- Contemporary Growth Challenges for Business
Units – Year 3
- PPD3 The Business Professional
- Research Methods
- Strategic Management
- Ecological Economics
- Business Start-up
- Final Major Project
This course provides the academic skills and professional qualifications you’ll need to pursue a career in a wide range of areas. Recent graduates have gone on to recruitment consultant, operations manager, omni-channel analyst and TV research executive roles at companies including Stearn Electric, Proco Global, Kingfisher and Grahame Robb Associates.
Suitable roles for graduates include:
- Account Management
- Buying and purchasing
- Works and maintenance management
- Personnel and recruitment consultancy
- Retail management.
English language skills will be assessed by the college through initial assessment equivalent to CEFR level B2, where the student has completed a level 3 course in business in the UK. In all other cases CEFR level B2 certificate from an approved awarding body in UK will be used as the entry criteria for competence in English language for this course. There will also be a one to one interview session to understand students’ motivations to learn.
- 48 UCAS points
- A minimum of two completed A-levels, a BTEC Extended Diploma at PPP or BTEC Diploma at MP or equivalent.
- We will consider mature students who haven’t recently undertaken a formalised course of study at A-level or equivalent, but who can demonstrate relevant workplace or voluntary experience, indicating their ability to complete the course successfully.
We are committed to our prospective students to understand the costs and funding for them if they choose to apply in our partner universities. Studying with us is a real investment in your future; if you are studying Level 3 you may be eligible for funding through Student Finance.