The Pearson BTEC Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training (DET) is for candidates looking forward to get a qualification in teaching domain, present teachers, and trainers/counsellors. It is specifically for the ones who work in or have plans to work in the work-based learning, advanced education and independent Training Providers (ITP) domain. The newcomers to the industry and existing professionals who wish to excel in their teaching qualifications can utilize this course to their career advancements.
- Progress on to a Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) Degree
- The DET qualification is recognized equal to the Certificate of Education qualifications in the format of higher education qualifications. Individuals who have already qualified with the Pearson BTEC Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training can further progress to Level 6 in Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) or B.A. (Hons.) Education at various Universities of the UK.
- On Course Completion, the students may choose to:
- Complete portfolios with SET
- Progress to a B.A. in Education or Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.)
- Get employment in various positions starting from functional skills teacher, online/e-tutors, further education teacher, to training officer and manager.
- The Applicants must be above 19 years of age.
- At least one A-Level or a Level 3 Qualification or equivalent and 4 GCSE’s with a GCSE Grade C and above in English and Maths or equivalent.
- Applicant must have some previous experience or qualification in the subject for undertaking the DET Programme
- Applicants must have entree to 100 hours of teaching/training and must provide a proof of confirmed work placement
Applicants without above qualifications can apply and they will be assessed on the basis of their work experience or professional qualifications.
Non-English speaking applicants will be required to provide an evidence of their proficiency in English Language with an overall and individual subject score of 5.5 and more IELTS score.
Tuition Fees and Maintenance
We dedicatedly work for our prospective students to ascertain the costs and funding opportunities for them while they choose to apply at our partner Universities. You can check you eligibility for Higher National Certificate or Higher National Diploma here.
Student Loans and Grants
You may also avail a student loan or a grant to cover your tuition fees and maintenance loan towards your expenses. The loan amount gets disbursed to your registered bank account at the time of the beginning of the term. Student loans are subject to be paid back on completion of the course without any delay.
The Student Grant is also disbursed to your bank account. An additional amount is also applicable (up to £3,250) for qualified full time students and which is not supposed to be paid back. You can learn more about student loans and grants here.
Childcare Grant is also available for students who are parents and an additional money for childcare along with other financial support for the parents is paid to them.